As 2020 finally comes to an end, I’ve wrapped up my best, most informational, and most popular blog posts of the year. Read on for the best of clean living, green cleaning, and life in general this year.
I can see the light, ya’ll. This crazy, weird, chaotic year is finally almost over. Normally, I’d try to be less dramatic, but let’s face it. We’re all ready to leave this year behind. And, while I’m not naive enough to think that things will magically get better when the clock strikes midnight on January 1st, I am ready for a fresh start, a chance to reassess my goals, and a planner that’s not mostly empty. Who’s with me?
2020 was a rough year in a lot of ways, but as I look back, I see a lot of good that still happened. For one thing, I really leaned into this online space and built it into something I’m truly proud of. I’ve shared recipes and tutorials, brought you some of my favorite brands and products, survived quarantine, started a garden, and even started sharing a bit about how I journal to give you ideas.
Today, I wanted to round up all the best of those posts so they’re all in one spot. Come see what made the cut!
The Best of Clean Living
This year, I decided to really focus on this idea of clean, simple living. I’m especially passionate about showing people that this lifestyle and this focus on wellness don’t have to be expensive or stressful. In fact, speaking from a holistic point of view, if the idea stresses you out, you’re not doing it the right way!
My motto is to love the earth and treat your body right, without constantly worrying about whether you’re doing enough. Because really, every step towards cleaner, healthier living is a good step, and one worth taking.
That said, these clean living blog posts reflect that mindset, and became some of the most popular content on my blog this year. There were way more I wanted to include, but I tried to keep it to around 3 for each category.
- The Best Natural Beauty Products on Amazon
- Toxic Skincare Ingredients to Avoid
- Simply Earth Essential Oils Review
The Best of Clean Eating
I made some really good recipes this year, and fully intended to add more to the blog. But, so many of them are incredibly simple, so I always talk myself out of including them in my editorial calendar. That said, I did add a few killer recipes and shopping tips this year!
Here are a couple of recipes, and a grocery haul that got a lot of attention when they were published. I still don’t know if food is really my thing, but it’s fun to include now and then!
- Yummy Sweet Potato Nacho Recipe
- Grilled Summer Salad Recipe
- My Thrive Market Review + Monthly Grocery Haul
The Best of Green Cleaning
Man, oh man, did cleaning become a big topic this year, right?! And it turns out, I actually enjoy sharing cleaning recipes and tips! I don’t know if it was the timing or what, but both of these recipes spread like wildfire this year. Which is awesome, because they’re both really great recipes, and go a step further than your typical “mix vinegar and water” green cleaning advice.
- Homemade Soft Scrub with Eucalyptus and Peppermint
- How to Make DIY Cleaning Wipes
- The Best Green Cleaning Products to Keep Under Your Sink
The Best of Intentional Living
I didn’t go into this year expecting to put a lot of focus on this topic, but I think as the year progressed, a lot of us leaned into the idea of intentional living. In fact, some of these posts were my most popular out of everything I wrote, so I’m thinking others felt the same way I did!
- How to Make a Vision Board that Works
- How to Build an Intentional Life: 10 Habits to Build Into Your Routine
- Books to Read to Break Your Reading Slump
- How Yoga Changed My Life: 8 Lessons I’ve Learned Through a Daily Practice
My Personal Favorite Blog Posts This Year
I always find it interesting what really takes off on the blog, and what turns into a total flop. That being said, my favorites in general aren’t the same as your favorites. I guess it’s because you don’t get to see the process behind putting up a post, which is my favorite part!
Now, these weren’t necessarily flops, but they’re a few of my favorite pieces to write that certainly didn’t get the recognition I expected:
- My CBD Experience: I Tried it For a Month And Here’s What Happened: This is one of my favorites for a couple of reasons. First, while I’ve done brand collaborations before, this is the first time a brand approached me with a product I was interested in. I also really enjoyed the process of trying out the product in order to give a review!
- 50+ Journal Prompts for Self Reflection: I enjoyed this one because it really made me dig deep and think about how I journal. I hope it helps you during your journaling time, too!
- Healthy Living Blogs I Follow (And You Should, Too!): Honestly, I just really finding new blogs to follow and enjoy, and loved getting to shout out some amazing content creators through this post.
- Knit Basket Pattern: I mean, anything that involves knitting is my favorite!
Personal Life Updates
Of course, I can’t let the year go by without documenting our life updates for the year. I don’t know how much others enjoy these, but I love having them here to show me how far we’ve come, what we’ve gone through, and how we’ve changed over the years. When I go back and read them, it’s like I’m living through those moments again. Like a little online diary, except, far more public.
- Life Lately: January 2020
- Quarantine Catch Up: My Current Thoughts and Feelings
- Life Lately: May 2020
- Life Lately: November 2020
My Thoughts for 2021
If this past year has taught me anything, it’s that plans don’t always work out. (I’m kidding. I’ve actually learned that multiple times in my life but man is it a fresh lesson right now).
My blog isn’t where I expected it to be at the end of this year. I had big goals for 2020, and while I did a lot to work towards those goals, I missed the mark big time. I think most small businesses can attest to the fact that this year was not kind to them, but I’m here to tell ya’ll, it affected content creators, too.
Everything stalled in March, and didn’t pick up again solidly until the end of the third quarter. I think the thing I’m most proud of this year is that I kept going anyway. I knew where I wanted to take this blog, and worked towards it for months while seeing no improvement. The hard work is finally paying off, though, and I hope to carry that momentum into the new year.
So, with that said, I wish I could give you some teaser about what’s coming in 2021. But the truth is, I really don’t know. It’s hard to make plans when you’ve watched a year’s worth of planning and goal setting crumble and fall apart in front of you. Truth be told, I’ve spent so much time focusing on making it through this year that I’ve given zero thought to next year yet.
What I can tell you is that I’ll still be here. Sharing this clean living lifestyle, reaching others, and offering inspiration when I can is a passion of mine, and I don’t see that going anywhere anytime soon. So, for now, expect more amazing brand collaborations, new recipes and tutorials, and more inspiration to carry you through.