I’m a huge fan of a freshly made mojito, but sometimes I want a drink I can enjoy all day without getting tipsy. This easy mojito mocktail recipe is the perfect afternoon sipper this summer!
The calendar might not say “summer” yet, but here on the Texas Gulf, we’ve been enjoying mostly warm weather for about a month now. Add in the fact that we’re basically living in our backyard as we wait out this quarantine situation, and it feels like an all day, every day summer cookout.
I needed something refreshing and cold that I could sip on all day. Since most of my summer drink recipes include alcohol of some sort (oops) I started experimenting with making something alcohol-free.
This mojito mocktail recipe took shape, and not only has it become my favorite sipper, but it’s a hit with the kids, too! It’s everything you love about a cool, refreshing mojito, without the added sugar or booze.
Mojito Mocktail Recipe
Summer Mojito Mocktail Recipe
- 12 fresh peppermint leaves
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 wedges freshly cut lime (or more for garnish)
- 2 tsp agave syrup
- 1 cup club soda or lime flavored sparkling water
- In a cup or mason jar, add lime juice, agave syrup, lime wedges, and fresh mint leaves and mix well.
- Top with soda and ice, garnish if you wish, and serve!
- This recipe makes enough for one drink. Feel free to double, triple, or quadrouple this recipe for a crowd! I find that the longer my mint and lime sit, the better the drink tastes.
More Mocktails to Enjoy this Summer
What I especially love about this mojito mocktail recipe is the fact that not only is it alcohol free, but it’s also sugar free. I can sip on this the same way I’d sip on infused water throughout the day, and that makes it even better! I scoured the internet to look for more similar drink options to try this summer. Check them out yourself below:
- Grapefruit Ginger Spritzer (not sugar free, but not too bad, either)
- Ginger Beer Lemonade (this also shares more tips on creating your own mocktails!)
- Strawberry, Orange, Mango Kombucha Mocktail
Mojito Mocktail: The Perfect Summer Sipper
Whether you’re not drinking, pregnant, or just want something to drink without the buzz, this easy mojito mocktail recipe is the perfect drink for summer! The cool mint, tangy lime, and sparkling bubbles make this the perfect poolside treat that won’t leave you with a hangover the next morning.