With everything going on lately, it seems like work and school have been the last things on my mind. We’re all having a little trouble focusing, and so today, I’m whipping up my essential oil focus blend for me and the kids. I know we’ll need them next week when school starts again, and I thought you might like them, too!
Do you need a little extra focus in your life?
If you have a kid starting school, or even if you are struggling to stay on task yourself, I have a great recipe to share today.
This is the recipe that truly sold me on using essential oils daily. My oldest daughter struggled a lot last year in school, and kept crying that she couldn’t remember things. I decided to do some research and stumbled upon this blend. Within a week, we could tell a difference. She was calm, focused, and confident at school. It was a game changer!
Why we love using roller bottles
There are a lot of ways to use your essential oils daily, but we are huge fans of using roller bottles for our blends. They’re portable, easy-to-use, and pre-diluted. That makes them perfect for on the go! My daughter keeps one in her backpack to re-apply at school, and I have one in my purse and one on my desk to use as needed.
What You’ll Need:
This post contains affiliate links. To learn more, please read my full disclosure here.
For this recipe, all of the essential oils I’m using are Young Living Essential Oils. Visit this post for more information on how to get started with Young Living.
- Lavender Essential OIl
- Cedarwood Essential Oil
- Vetiver Essential Oil
- 10 ml amber glass roller bottle
- Fractionated coconut oil
- Washi tape or your favorite label
If you’ve never made an essential oil roller blend, I’m here to tell you, it’s so easy! There’s really nothing to be scared of at all.
All you need to do is add 8-10 drops of each essential oil to your roller bottle. Once you’ve done that, you top off the bottle with your carrier oil (I use fractionated coconut oil or almond oil).
That’s it! Now, you can put the roller filament in the top and screw on the lid to make sure everything seals tightly.
Some other favorite essential oils for focus:
This year, I’ve been experimenting a lot with different oils, and I’ve found a few that I love for focus! Some of them I love using in the diffuser on my desk, and others are great to use topically. Some of my favorites are:
- GenYus: This oil is one of the Kidscent blends, which I love. This line is pre-diluted and safe for ages 2 and up. That means you don’t even have to blend it. You can just put a roller fillament right on the bottle and start using it! We got this blend as a promotional item from Young Living last month, and just started using it. So far, we really like it!
- Rosemary: Rosemary is a great oil to use for strengthening your memory and focus. I blend this one a lot in the diffuser while I work, but don’t use it for my kids.
- Bergamot: Bergamot is another great oil for staying calm and focused! Bonus: it smells amazing and is great for improving your mood, too. This is a great oil to use in diffuser jewelry or blended into a perfume because of the pleasant smell!
Do you struggle with focus at school or work? This essential oil roller blend is a must in our family, now! If you try it, let me know how it works for you!