Summer is upon us and it’s time to start loading up on fresh seasonal veggies. It’s the perfect time of year for a cookout, and you won’t want to miss out on this grilled summer salad recipe!
It’s time to light up the grill and stock up on summer produce! Summer nights are officially upon us. And, if you’re anything like me, that means lots of farmer’s markets, cookouts, and late nights on the patio soaking it all in. Yes, please.
This grilled summer salad recipe is the perfect way to compliment all those summer cookouts while getting the most out of your fresh produce. Plus, you don’t have to turn your stove on for dinner at all, and any time I can do that during the summer, it’s the best.
So, grab all of your favorites and meet me back in the kitchen!
Grilled Summer Salad Recipe
I don’t know about you, but growing up, lighting the grill meant meat, and lots of it. Even now, when my husband plans a cookout, that’s the highlight.
Veggies rarely get their time to shine, especially in a cookout situation, but this salad is here to change that.
I love this summer salad because not only does it compliment just about any grilled dish, but it’s also incredibly easy to customize. Don’t get hung up on having every vegetable on hand. Just go for the freshest, most in-season produce you can find, and you’re sure to come out with something amazing!
- red bell pepper
- red onion
- extra light olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- feta cheese
- cherry tomatoes
Grill your summer veggies:
Grilled veggies honestly couldn’t be easier.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat (about 400º)
- Cut your zucchini and squash in half, length-wise, cut your bell pepper in 4ths and remove the seeds, cut your onion into thick slices, and chop the bottoms off your asparagus.
- Brush all of your chopped veggies, plus your corn, with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place vegetables directly on the grill grate (I like to put my onions on foil to prevent losing any) and cook, turning occasionally, until the asparagus and onions are tender and everything has nice color.
- Remove everything from the grill.
Assemble and serve your salad:
Once you’ve removed the veggies from the grill, give everything a rough chop and place it in a bowl.
Top with crumbled feta, fresh cherry tomatoes, and avocado. You can serve this salad as-is, or top it with my favorite creamy balsamic vinaigrette.
This salad pairs well with just about anything you can cook on the grill, but we especially love it with grilled shrimp, salmon, or chicken.
Get your grill on with this summer salad
Summertime means backyard gardens, farmers markets, and all the fresh produce your heart could desire. Make dinner tonight easy on yourself and put it all on the grill for this summer salad loaded with flavor and color.
More clean eating recipes to enjoy:
- The Best Simple Marinade for Pork or Chicken
- Easy Brussel Sprout Salad Recipe
- Mixed Berry Superfood Popsicles
- Grilled Pesto Turkey Burgers