Looking for a homemade face scrub to pamper your dry skin this winter? Try this green tea and honey homemade face scrub!
Winter is approaching, and for many of us, that means dry and inflamed skin. Not to worry. This homemade face scrub is here to save the day!
It contains green tea, honey, and sugar. Three ingredients sure to pamper your skin and keep it hydrated.
It’s so easy that even someone who “doesn’t DIY” will be able to handle it, and it contains ingredients most people already have on hand!
Want to give it a try? Keep reading for the full recipe!
Green Tea and Honey Homemade Face Scrub
Three things I love about this homemade face scrub:
- I can make it with ingredients I have on hand
- It’s quick and easy to make
- It’s incredibly soothing to my dry skin
My absolute favorite DIYs are the simplest, and I do that for a couple of reasons. First, because I don’t like keeping a million ingredients on hand and remembering recipes. Also, I’m honestly kind of lazy and if it’s not fast, I most likely won’t make it more than once. These are things I make in my spare few minutes, after all. Not something I set aside an afternoon to do!
- 2 green tea bags cut open and emptied
- 2 tbs white sugar
- 3 tbs raw honey
Like I said, I like really simple DIYs. This one is so simple that I honestly feel silly having a header for “directions,” because there’s only one!
Mix all three ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
If you feel like you don’t like the ratio this recipe gives, you can add ingredients until it’s the right consistency, but if you like it as is, you’re done!
Apply this in the tub to dry skin, and massage all over. Use a wash cloth and warm water to wash clean. Follow up with your favorite moisturizer and you’re all set!
All of the ingredients included here have a shelf life, so you should be a-okay storing this in a jar with a lid until you use it up.
Why these ingredients?
I made this green tea scrub because I wanted something to treat my dry winter skin. Every single one of these ingredients is known for its hydrating or anti-inflammatory properties: two things I know I need greatly this season! Here’s some info on each individual ingredient:
- Green Tea: it’s great for fighting acne, has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, can help control oily skin, and is known to slow down the signs of aging.
- Honey: it’s antibacterial and anti-inflammatory, great for keeping your skin hydrated, and for preventing premature wrinkles.
- Sugar: I used to assume the main benefit of adding sugar in my DIYs was just for the exfoliating properties, but I recently learned that it also helps your skin retain moisture! (source)
You’ll notice I didn’t actually add any essential oils to this recipe. That’s because I think it’s fantastic without. But, if you’d like to add some for a little more oomph, check out this post for my recommended essential oil combos for skin!
Find more great clean living and green beauty recipes here:
- Homemade Face Mask with Aloe Vera and Honey
- How to Have a Spa Night at Home
- DIY Fizzy Bath Salts Recipe
- DIY Coffee Scrub Recipe