Need a better way to start your day? These morning affirmations for women will help you build confidence and boost your mood.
I know I can’t be the only one who wakes up some days just knowing it’s going to be a bad day, right? Right? I mean c’mon. The house is a mess, the kids are already fighting, you didn’t sleep well, and you’re stressed about a task you need to complete. And, on top of it all, your favorite jeans don’t fit right thanks to all the stress eating. It’s going to be the worst and you just know it.
Looking for a way to improve your mood despite all of it? I’ve found that by taking a few moments every morning to focus on positive thoughts, it can drastically change my mood for the day. Want to give it a try yourself? Read on for a great list of morning affirmations for women, moms, and really, everyone.
How do Affirmations Work
Life is stressful, and it’s easy to get sucked into these negative emotions.
But, as Buddha said, “What you think, you become. What you feel, you attract, What you imagine, you create.” Basically, our thoughts are everything.
If we focus our energy on negative thoughts and emotions, that is what we’ll see all around us. But, if we take a minute to re-focus our brains on the positive, that’s what will stand out the most.
The simplest explanation of this is that our brains believe what we tell them. If we’re consumed with phrases like “I can’t…” then our brains will believe that we really can’t. But, if we change our inner dialogue and start using “I can,” and “I am,” phrases, we’ll start to believe that, too.
Want more reading on the topic? Here are some great studies and articles on how positive affirmations work:
- NBCI study on how self affirmations affect the brain
- The Science Behind Daily Affirmations by Psychology Today
The Benefits of Using Positive Affirmations
When I first started this practice, I’ll admit, I felt really silly. Sometimes, I felt like the practice wasn’t worth how uncomfortable it made me feel. But, over time, I did see results. Not only did my mood improve, but so did my confidence and my ability to handle difficult situations on a daily basis.
In addition, this practice can help you become more aware of your inner dialogue, which I believe is huge. After all, like we’ve discussed, our thoughts are everything.
Inspirational Morning Affirmations
Over the last couple of years, I’ve really focused a lot on retraining my thoughts, and I have seen first hand what a big difference it can make.
In fact, the last two Januarys, I have partnered with my friend Melody Butler Yoga to help teach a goal setting and vision board workshop that focuses on positive affirmations and focusing on what you want to achieve.
Recently, I’ve entered into a season of personal growth, and have found myself heavily relying on those affirmations I used to share in the workshops. And, I thought that if I was benefitting from them, the rest of you might as well. So, I’ve expanded on the list I already had to bring you a huge list of positive and inspirational morning affirmations for women.
Look through them, find a few that really speak to you, and give them a try.
- I’ve got this.
- I am patient.
- Today, I choose to be happy
- I love who I am becoming
- I have unlimited power.
- Everything I’m looking for is already within me
- I am brilliant and beautiful.
- I am becoming a better version of myself.
- Today is full of opportunity and love
- I am worthy
- I am in the right place, at the right time, doing the right thing
- Today may be difficult, but it is only temporary
- I accept myself
- I enjoy the simple moments
- Anything is possible, because I believe in myself.
- I am enough.
- I have the power to change myself.
- Small improvements lead to big results.
- I am healthy and strong.
- Today is going to be a great day.
- I am in control
- I am proud of myself and what I have accomplished
- My possibilities are endless
Positive Affirmations for Women (& Moms)
- I focus on what I can control and forget the rest
- I am present, playful, and calm
- It’s okay to ask for help
- I am doing the best I can
- I trust my instincts
- Self care is not a luxury, it’s a necessity
- This isn’t easy, but I can do it.
- I will not compare myself to others.
- I am an amazing mom
Morning Affirmations for Christians
- God has great plans for my life
- I am uniquely and wonderfully made
- God has not given me a spirit of fear
- I am never alone
- I trust in God’s plan for me
How to Make Affirmations Work
Morning affirmations are about so much more than just saying or thinking them. Just like a vision board needs to mean something and be looked at daily to work, your positive affirmations need to be powerful in order to be effective.
Here are some tips on how to get the most out of a daily affirmation practice:
- You have to believe them. You can’t just say anything and expect it to work. After awhile, you’ll start to feel like you’re lying to yourself.
- Make them personal. I know we’ve got a great list of affirmations here, but not everything will work for everyone. Figure out what’s important to you, what you prioritize, and where you want to focus your energy. Then, make your affirmation about that.
- Say them in first person, present tense. Say it as if you’re actively doing it. “I am worthy. I am happy.”
Affirmations for Women: Final Thoughts
The simple act of taking a few moments at the beginning of each day to say something nice can drastically improve your mood throughout the day. If you’re struggling to improve your mood despite all of the stress and chaos, give these positive morning affirmations for women a try! Download the free printable list of affirmations here so you can put it on your fridge, next to your vision board, or in your journal.