From tip to toe, this post will show you the best spa night at home ideas. Enjoy them by yourself, or with a group of friends.
Everyone loves a good pampering session now and then, and with the holidays (aka the busiest time of year) looming ahead, a day at the spa never sounded so tempting. Unfortunately, it also sounds way out of budget for most of us. Like I said…the holidays are looming.
The good news is, you can create a relaxing atmosphere at home for a fraction of the cost. Use these spa night at home ideas to enjoy a quiet evening alone, or invite over some friends for the ultimate girls night in. Either way, enjoy some pampering and relaxation without stressing about the cost or even putting on pants.
How to Have a Spa Night at Home
It’s actually not too hard to give yourself a little pampering at home. However, if you’re a mom (like me), then you know we tend to put ourselves last. It’s easy to let ourselves run ragged taking care of others, and no amount of “self care” advice will change that.
Still, if you’re pampering yourself, these ideas can be done in an hour or less after the kids go to bed, or while they’re in school. Do yourself a favor and take that time. It’s amazing how refreshed you’ll feel!
Even better? If you can manage a night to yourself, invite over a few friends who could also use some pampering! It’s a great excuse to finally get together (c’mon, I know I’m not the only one who neglects my friends with promises to hang out “soon.”) Plus, if you’re buying materials for DIYs, you’ll have enough to share anyway.
Speaking of materials, let’s talk about what you’ll need!
Most Recent Videos
What You’ll Need
Having a spa night at home can be as simple or intricate as you want it, but there are a few basics you’ll want to have on hand. First, we’ll set the mood, then we’ll talk about general supplies for the DIYs and pampering.
Set the mood:
First thing’s first, let’s set the mood for our spa night. Have the following on hand and ready before you get started:
- calming essential oils in the diffuser, like lavender, chamomile, eucalyptus, & ylang ylang
- fuzzy socks
- soft music playing
Materials to have on hand:
Now that we’ve set the mood, there are a few things you’ll want to have before getting started. This list won’t get into the various ingredients you might want for DIYs, so be sure to give the recipes a glance before your big night so you know you have everything on hand.
- a manicure set
- your favorite beverage
- bowls for mixing
- cotton balls or pads
- paper towels
- warm water
- nail polish remover
- access to a sink
- towels and hand towels
DIY Spa Night Ideas
While you can buy a bunch of pampering products, some of my favorite spa night at home ideas are DIYs. Not only can you customize them, but they’re also cheaper! Plus, you know exactly what’s in them at that point, so it’s kind of a win-win-win.
Check out some of these awesome DIY spa night ideas below and create your perfect night of pampering at home!
- Raw Sugar Peppermint Foot Scrub: This is a recipe from one of my favorite bloggers, Paige, at An Uncomplicated Life. This recipe is so easy and uses ingredients you probably already have on hand.
- Deep Cleansing Bentonite Clay Face Mask: I’m a big fan of face masks, and this recipe is my favorite when acne strikes.
- DIY Coffee Scrub Recipe: This DIY Coffee Scrub recipe smells amazing and has great skin benefits. Plus, it smells like a dessert!
- Fountain of Youth Serum: What’s a spa night at home if you’re not doing all the things you usually neglect? This Fountain of Youth Face Serum is going to do the hard work for you while you relax and unwind.
- DIY Charcoal Mask: This recipe from Pretty Simple Ideas is amazing and works so well at deep cleaning your pores! Check it out here.
- Deep Conditioning Avocado Hair Mask: Another recipe from Pretty Simple Ideas, this hair mask will restore moisture and give your hair a boost. Find the recipe here.
- Whipped Body Butter: This DIY is a bit more time-intensive, but it’s the perfect end to your spa night. Check out this recipe from Our Oily House to give it a try!
- Herbal Bath Tea: What’s a spa night without a nice soak in the tub? This DIY Herbal Bath Tea recipe includes dried flower petals, herbs, and essential oils, making it truly feel like a spa night at home!
- Bubbling Bath Salts: Another option for your bath is these bubbling bath salts!
- Rose Water: What spa night is complete without rosewater? Enjoy the amazing skin benefits and relaxing aroma with this recipe from Frugal Family Home.
Easy Spa Night at Home Ideas
Want to enjoy some pampering, but don’t want to spend the time on DIYs? Here are a few of my favorite products to purchase for your spa night at home!
- Under-Eye Masks from Acure
- Soothing Cloud Cream from Acure
- Rose Water Spray by Simplified Skin
- Vitamin C Mask from 100% Pure
- Rose Hydrosol from Plant Therapy
- Lavender Body Lotion from Plant Therapy
- Eucalyptus Sea Therapy Bath from 100% Pure
- Honey Almond Hand Buttercream from 100% Pure
Make it a Girl’s Night In
If you’re anything like me, you keep telling your friends “we should get together soon!” Except, you just keep saying that, instead of actually making plans.
Well, this is the perfect opportunity to invite them over. You’ll all feel pampered and relaxed, and you’ll have plenty of time to catch up. And, I don’t know about you, but the pressure of dressing up and doing my hair is half the battle of organizing a girl’s night. This way, it’s not even necessary!
To make this a fun night with the girls, simply invite over a couple of close friends, grab a couple of bottles of wine (this is my favorite brand for special occasions), and put out some simple snacks!
Here are some simple recipes or ideas you can use to turn this into a chance to entertain:
- 3 Ingredient Spinach and Artichoke Dip: Serve it with chips, veggie sticks, or use it as the stuffing for pinwheels
- Deviled Strawberries: These look amazing!
- Caprese and Avocado Toast
- 2 words: Skinny Margaritas
- Meatball Sliders
- Cheesy Bacon Sweet Potato Skins
DIY Spa Night: A Great Way to Pamper Yourself on Any Budget
We’re coming up on the busiest- and for some, the most expensive – time of year. A day of pampering at the spa never sounded quite so good – and way out of budget.
Lucky for us, we have all the tools and recipes to pamper ourselves. Use these spa night at home ideas to enjoy a quiet evening alone, or invite over some friends for the ultimate girls night in.
Find More Pampering and Self Care Ideas:
- Best Essential Oils for Skincare
- DIY Lavender Eye Pillow
- Maca and Collagen Face Mask Recipe
- DIY Sugar Scrub Tutorial